A NEW Māori Educational Quiz Game
Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere is a new educational card game designed & made in NZ to support Te Reo Māori. Designed for adults & children from Primary age upwards, Kiwi Quiz combines education with the fun & excitement of a game.
Discover NZ is available for sale here
Discover NZ is a uniquely NZ game, with 100 cards & 400 questions – ALL about NZ. These questions aren’t trivia, but are good general knowledge questions from a range of areas. The questions are set at 4 different levels – so that anyone from Primary School age upwards can play.
Discover NZ has 100 beautiful photos of NZ – this makes it an attractive gift for NZers and visitors alike. This is a great game for travel & home, revealing some of the wonder of NZ.
Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere has been professionally translated and then proofread by another professional translator. It was designed as a Te Reo resource for schools, families & communities. Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere is available at discounted rates for sale as a fundraiser for your community (contact us for more details)
– Totally in Te Reo Māori – professionally translated. Can be used alongside the English language version (to provide an accurate translation)
– Designed & made for NZ
– Broad range of questions about relevant topics
– Not Trivia – but good educational material
– 400 Questions & Answers on 100 cards in a convenient box
– 100 beautiful photos of NZ
– Extra interesting information is included with the answers
– 4 different levels of challenge
– Ages: 8 to 108
– Players: 2+ (& can be played in teams, used as class quiz, tests etc)
– Designed so adults & children can easily play together
– Supports the NZ School Curriculum
– Full instruction on how to play, plus suggestions for other methods of play
Examples of Questions / Answers
Q. E tika ana he karu tuatoru tō te tuatara?
A. Āe (Ka whānau te tuatara me te toru karu. Kāore e kitea te karu tuatoru i raro i te kiri mata o te tuatara, ā, ka tipuria e te unahi i te whā ki te ono marama)
Q. E pātata ana a Hiruhārama ki tēhea awa o Aotearoa?
A. a – Waipa, b – Waikato, [C- Whanganui], d – Wairoa
Q. Kei te takutai o tēhea roto a Queenstown?
A. Te Roto o Wakatipu
Topics covered include:
History , Geography , Sports , Birds, Animals, Fauna, Politics, Famous people, Music , Māori, Film, Place Names, Literature, Climate, Business, Art, Technology, Disasters, World First’s, Quotes , Music, General Knowledge
The purpose of Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere is to provide an opportunity for adults & children to practice and develop Te Reo Maori while having fun & learning about NZ. We hope that our Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere will help children develop an appreciation of NZ’s uniqueness, bringing out a sense of interest & pride in NZ.
DISCOVER NZ in KURA KAUPAPA SCHOOLS
“Kia ora. This resource looks awesome and its great to find another resource done in Te Reo Maori which is sometimes a struggle for Kura Kaupapa” – Merlene Williams, Whanau Tahi School
|Buy Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere ($24.00 each incl. delivery) Checkout|